Ginger Rose Cupcakes
Celebrate spring with beautiful blush cupcakes with an exotic flare!
Yield: 48 cupcakes
|All-purpose flour||240 grams|
|Cake flour||200 grams|
|Baking powder||4 grams|
|Baking soda||2 grams|
|Unsalted butter, room temperature||226 grams|
|Granulated sugar||530 grams|
|Natural Ginger Flavour WONF BD01834||16 grams|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners. Sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a measuring cup, combine milk and Ginger Flavour; set aside.
2. Cream together butter and granulated sugar until pale, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Beat in alternating flour and milk mixtures in three batches: beginning and ending with flour until well incorporated. Do not over mix.
Beat whole eggs to egg yolks with an electric mixer 3-5 minutes until thick and pale in colour. Gradually add warm chocolate mixture and Raspberry Flavour, then beat in flour until just combined.
3. Divide batter among liners, filling halfway. Bake until golden and set, about 15 minutes. Transfer tins to rack to cool for 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from tins and allow to cool completely before frosting with Rose Buttercream. Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
|Granulated sugar||300 grams|
|Egg whites, room temperature||180 grams|
|Unsalted butter, softened, cut into pieces||550 grams|
|Natural Flavour (Vanilla Type) BD05799||5 grams|
|Natural Flavour (Rose Type) BD02286||2 grams|
1. Place sugar, egg whites, and salt in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture reaches 160 F.
2. Transfer egg-white mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat on medium speed 5 minutes. Increase speed to medium-high, and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form and meringue has cooled, about 6 minutes. Reduce speed to medium, and add butter, 1 piece at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in Vanilla and Rose flavours. Tint buttercream with pink food colour to desired intensity. Frost Ginger Cupcakes and top with buttercream, royal icing or gum paste roses.